Gain access to a broad variety of US equity segments with SPDR ETFs.
SPDR S&P 500 Fossil Fuel Reserves Free ETFImportant Risk Information
Gross Expense Ratio: 0.25%*
Net Expense Ratio: 0.20%^
- SPYX1 seeks to allow climate change-conscious investors to align the core of their investment strategy with their values by eliminating companies that own fossil fuel reserves from the S&P 500® – a reduction of about 25 names compared to the S&P 500 Index as of July 31, 2016
- Serves as a potential replacement for current S&P 500 exposure for investors interested in eliminating fossil fuel reserves from their portfolio
- Seeks to provide investment results that, before fees and expenses, correspond generally to the total return performance of the S&P 500 Fossil Fuel Free Index2
Research, commentary and information available for this fund:
- Constructing Environmentally Conscious Investment Portfolios
- Election 2016 Implementation Guide
- SPYX Factsheet
- SPDR Family of ETFs
|to access these materials immediately|
*The gross expense ratio is the fund’s total annual operating expenses ratio. It is gross of any fee waivers or expense reimbursements. It can be found in the fund's most recent prospectus.
^ SSGA Funds Management, Inc. (the “Advisor”) has contractually agreed to waive its advisory fee and/or reimburse certain expenses, until October 31, 2017, so that the net annual fund operating expenses of the Fund will be limited to 0.20% of the Fund’s average daily net assets before application of any fees and expenses not paid by the Adviser under the Investment Advisory Agreement (except for acquired fund fees and expenses from holdings in acquired funds for non-cash management purposes), if any. The contractual fee waiver and/or reimbursement does not provide for the recoupment by the Adviser of any fees the Adviser previously waived. The Adviser may continue the waiver and/or reimbursement from year to year, but there is no guarantee that the Adviser will do so and the waiver and/or reimbursement may be cancelled or modified at any time after October 31, 2017. This waiver and/or reimbursement may not be terminated prior to October 31, 2017 except with the approval of the Fund’s Board of Trustees.
1Prior to August 31, 2016, the SPDR® S&P® 500 Fossil Fuel Reserves Free ETF was known as the SPDR S&P 500 Fossil Fuel Free ETF. There were no changes to the investment objective, strategy or policies of the fund in connection with the fund’s name change.
2The S&P® 500 Fossil Fuel Free Index is designed to measure the performance of companies in the S&P 500 Index that are “fossil fuel free”, which are defined as companies that do not own fossil fuel reserves. For purposes of the composition of the Index, fossil fuel reserves are defined as economically and technically recoverable sources of crude oil, natural gas and thermal coal but do not include metallurgical or coking coal, which are used in connection with steel production. The Index is a subset of the S&P 500 Index (the “Underlying Index”), which serves as the initial universe of eligible securities for the Index. In constructing the Index, the initial universe is screened in an effort to exclude companies with any ownership of fossil fuel reserves, including for third-party and in-house power generation, as determined by publicly available information, such as annual reports and other company publications.